Sunday, May 21, 2006

Let my Lifesong sing to YOU

If you ask me to leap
out of my boat on the crashing waves
If you ask me to go
Preach to a lost world that Jesus saves
I'll go but i cannot go alone
'cause i know im nothing on my own
But the power of christ in me makes me strong
makes me strong

when im weak, You make me strong
When im blind you shine your light on me
'cause ill never get by living on my own ability
How refreshing to know you dont need me
how amazing to find that You want me
So ill stand on your truth and ill fight with your strenght
until you bring the victory, by the power of christ in me

'In Me'- Casting Crowns

This is currently my favorite song and prayer. Pray for me if you think of it.

Currently im procrastinating studying for physics....sigh. I had a great weekend, although im sad to be done with ballet. Thanks to my friend James for coming to see me on Friday night (and many a stab to the hearts of the rest of my friends who were too busy to come and see their friends last performance with Lafayette Ballet ever.....) its ok, many of you have supported me over the past many years, thankyou.

OK, so on saturday after the performance, my two best buds Jennifer and Chelsea said, "Tirzah there's someone waiting for you out in the hall." I could tell they were up to something but i decided to humor them, and so i went out, but saw no one, and then they called me back. I walked around the corner and there they stood with their beautiful gold tutu's but instead of a rich dark purple bodice, they had donned white T-shirts with the inscription: " I LOVE TIRZAH" (well there was a heart, so: i heart Tirzah). and on the back it said "GONNA MISS YOU".
It was so sweet. I really wasnt going to cry, i'd made it up until then, but when i say them i ran into the dressing room and started bawling. They came after me and hugged me and the three of us stood there sobbing, with our makeup streaming down our faces. And of course after that, THEN we have to take a million pictures. I HATE getting pics when im crying (yes this happens more often then i'd like).

There's no way to say how much im gonna miss these girls. The three of us have spent every evening and weekend together for the last 10 years, at least. We've vented together, we've cryed together, we've auditioned together, gone to summer ballet intensives together. oh man. I better stop now, or i'll just cry again.

Good luck with finals all.

4 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger turza said...

I bet you didnt sob as long or as loud as i did last night! :)

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger MEC said...

Tirz, I was so mad I couldn't be there. I looked @ my phone a million times thinking, if we leave now. . . but I didn't get there. I feel like I know some of those dancers even though I've never talked with them from the stories you tell. I'm procrastinating as well, I have been this whole day! I REALLY want to graduate, but at the same time, I want to cry, 'cause I know there are going to be some people I won't see again, or talk to for years and it makes me really sad, to know that I've grown to love this group and now we're going our separate ways

I felt the same thing when I went to Frontier's last football and basketball games, some of these people are really cool, but after they and Tyler graduate I know it won't be the same *tear* now I'm gonna cry!!

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger kiwi said...

Tirz darling....i know how hard it is to move on with life and leave things we love behind (i've been there!), but it's amazing and comforting to know that God has a great future in store for you! it will only get better from here if you continue to seek the One who loves you far greater than anyone here on earth! Congrats on graduating! i'm so proud of my little sis! : )

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Roberto said...

I'm procrastinating too. Just fyi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home