Monday, April 24, 2006

I'm in love with Sydney Carton

Wow Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens is a good book. I've always liked dickens, and his character portraits, but this books was definately a favorite. Granted it was hard to get into at first, all classics are. Everytime i pick up a classic, i think, "why oh why, do i like these novels" but by the end im in love all over again. Nothing worthwhile isnt without some extra hard work to achieve it!

So anyway my favorite character is definately Syndey Carton! Granted his character wasnt particulary the best all the time but in the end he did what counted the most. Juniors or other underclassmen, plug your ears (or cover your eyes), but he gave his life for the husband of the woman he loved. Now how hard is that. It's one thing to die for someone you love but when someone you love loves someone else instead of you, oh man. I mean would i risk my life for someone i didnt really care about, ok was jealous of? hmmmmm, someone i didnt really know very well, except that they got the position i wanted? oh boy. Wow, and yet Jesus died for so many people who hated him and still hate him. Wow, am i humbled. God give me the courage, if ever in that situation to make the right choice!!


only 6 days to senior trip! woot woot. and only 2 full days of school! huzzah. im counting down the hours to freedom.....not really.

8 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger kiwi said...

hey turza! i agree- Tale of Two Cities is a really good book! enjoy your last few days of highschool...it's almost over! i wish you could come to the wind ens. concert on Sunday, but i'm sure you'll have fun on senior trip! see ya when you get back! *luvs*

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I really liked the story and wish I could have been more into it...what's happening to my inspiration in life?!
Anyway, It sounds weird, but one reason I couldn't connect with the book was its size and cover. It was so stinkin small that you couldn't hold it comfortably, and it was paperback. I HATE paperback books. If that book had been bigger with a dark, rich, thick cover,(a romantic one!) I wouldn't have put it down to breathe. It's weird i know, and I'm sure there are some exceptions to the rule...but that's just the way I've always been!

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger turza said...

Oh but paperbacks are so much cheaper! i can aford romantically bound hardbacks!!
i miss ya kiwicha, come home soon!!!!!
James, you sinner, read the rest of the book!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Tirzah-
dont let anyone call you TRZA BRZA
cuz you are way to gorgeous
and high class to allow that, lol!
Have fun on senior trip

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger bethoven said...

I agree. Once you're able to get into that one and follow what's going on it is a great story. I raced my brother one time to see who could finish a book first; he read "Great Expectations" and I read "A Tale of Two Cities." (They are approximately the same length.) I was so glad I picked "A Tale of Two Cities" because the plot is much more exciting. Honestly, I don't remember who finished first but...I think I won!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Roberto said...

Dickens is great....except for Great Expectations. I hated that book.

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Sage said...

ditto

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Annie said...

You are on your senior trip right now! Hope you are having fun! Good thing you like Dickens.....that will help in college :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home