Saturday, August 19, 2006

Crazy Megness and TirB/decisions



meg didnt want her pic taking hee hee (shes cleaning up at Moe's: WELCOME TO MOES!!!!)





i was really bored/hyper after having worked and sweated all night at smoothie king. i think a whole sorority came in. there were a million girls and like 8 boys. AHHHHHHH. I had some interesting discussions with the guy i worked with. He and i have had a history of not getting along, so i was honestly kinda scared when he brought up the topic of gays and lesbians.........should i keep my mouth shut and be non-partial or should i speak up (keep in mind this guy could easily kill me with a punch), His stance was that as long as the parties are consenting who cares..........at first i was a little noncomital and let him keep on talking. But then he said that a God of love, as is clearly stated in the bible, could not POSSIBLY condemn people for the free choices that are theirs to make. (ok too far, i stick up for my God). I said that it was the same as a parent to a child: just because a parent loves a child doesnt mean that they let the child do what ever he wants. the parent punnishes the child for doing wrong BECAUSE the parent loves his child and because its the right thing to do. I know i could have said something much better or used a verse, but it was a split second thing and the moment i said it the sorority walked in and we were making smoothies till after close and never picked up the discussion. Thoughts? how can i explain that homosexuality is blatantly wrong with out coming across as holier that thou, or being harsh (but still telling the truth of course).


.............I love Meg cochran so much, im so glad that we'll both get to hang out this semester (unlike some people who are going away!) I cant think of a time i've hung out with her and not had fun, just being completely stupid, making fools out of ourselves and being crazy (stupid) college freshies!!!!!!! we went to see Step Up (sigh......................enormous SIGH............................................................................................) after we'd both sweat all the water out of our systems, we looked pretty gross, we were tired as a dog, and we propped up our chip encrusted (smoothie encrusted) feet on the bar in front of us and watched the movie (when we werent cracking up). good times.

5 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger kiwi said...

Tirz....i miss ya bunches!!! Step Up is pretty kewl...esp. the dancing! okay, time to run to a picnic...later!

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger MEC said...

That first picture is awful!!! I like the one w/ you and me all blurry and rachelle too.

Tirz I love you, you've always been there for me to cry on your shoulder (I can think of one time we got in trouble for sitting in the driveway) or punch you when I was really mad and frustrated. . . I haven't done that in a really long time! Maybe I'll take it up again j/k

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Chris Foresman said...

"how can i explain that homosexuality is blatantly wrong with out coming across as holier that thou, or being harsh (but still telling the truth of course)."

You can't, because it's not blatantly wrong.

I think as long as you insist God is yours, you will come off as "holier that [sic] thou."

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger MEC said...

ummm. . . .Chris? who are you? do I know you? I'm confused. . . it is blatantly wrong, God isn't my genie in a bottle! I do what he tells me. Not the other way around. What about the human anatomy or what the Bible says about humans makes you think there's a loophole, or an exception clause? The hiccups, unless you are drunk, make you appear drunk which doesn't help your case on a Christain's blog (in case you wanted to know)

and Tirz, my darling, I look like a football player in that last picture! (Are my shoulders really that big?) Maybe I should play powderpuff or something. . . anyway, love ya! (dispite apparent drunken strangers commenting)

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Chris Foresman said...

gingerplant:

Your ignorance is only outclassed by your arrogance.

I can only assume that when you refer to my hiccuping (which you can’t see or hear via a blog comment) you mean my use of “sic”, which is used when quoting an author when there is a grammatical or spelling error, to let the reader know that the error is from the original quote and not an error on the part of the quoting author. And, no, you likely do not know me, and therefore have no basis for assuming I am drunk or not drunk, aside from your erroneous analysis of my use of sic.

So, if you feel comfortable deducing from my proper use of English grammar and style that I am an “apparent drunken stranger”, I have no qualms with deducing you must be an arrogant, ignorant asshole.

turza (or tirza, whichever you prefer):
As a matter of netiquette, do not hijack a completely unrelated post to make poorly formed arguments, especially against something as indefensible—and truly un-Christian—as homophobia.

I’ll move your comment to a new post where I will make my rebuttal. Feel free to comment on that post in kind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home