Sunday, July 02, 2006

Please pray!

Yay for smoothies, Tirzah's finally working now...at smoothie king. Gotta admit the first day was at times a struggle to keep the tears in (I watched the intro. movies and then was making smoothies in the same hour.....and i messed up half the orders, cuz the instructions are really confusing until you're used to them, which now me, the pro of 3 days is decently good at).
anyways i'm gonna get some 30 hours a week there, so if you all want to come and visit me I'd love to see you, just dont come during a rush!!! im slow enough as it is. I should be working mostly weekends and evenings (?) ).
wow that was a lot fit in one paratheses.

Anywho the reason i'm posting is to ask you to pray for a coworker. I dont even remember his name, it was my first time working with him. And this afternoon was pretty slow so during the times where we just sat around we talked a bit. It started with us both liking to read and we got into a discussion about the DaVinci Code. I bet God was smiling just a bit wider than He should have as he watched me, cuz incidentaly I was really struggling in paying attention in sunday school today when funnily enough we are studying the DaVinci Code!
But anyways he said that he'd tried a few religions and been kinda driven away by their hypocrisy. The only religion i got him to tell me that he'd tried was Hinduism. He said he liked going to church though. So I asked if he'd be willing to go to church again. Which he seemed fine with, so I invited him to Faith. He said he didnt like to get up early so I suggested the 11:00 service. He didnt seem incredibly responsive, so we'll see what happens.
We also discused purpose in life, and He seemed content to just 'be' which I would find so depressing, if I didnt have a purpose in life. The next time I work with him, i'm gonna invite him again, and give him my Purpose Driven Life book. Since he likes to read......
well i'd apreciate any prayers about tirzahs name-less coworker. I have no idea when i'll work with him next. It could be tomorrow or in two weeks. We'll see!

Have a great Fouth of July and remember to be thankful for your freedom of speach and religion.

(I think im gonna go see 'Cars' with my sis-ta! im so excited! WOO HOO) later y'all

3 Comments:

At 3:15 AM, Blogger Sage said...

Cars is perty cool. Mater, absolutely funny... you'll see. Well, I'm back home, later tirz!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger turza said...

Mater is sooo cute! in a rusty old car sort of way.....such a cute movie!

Hey everyone, i got a cell phone!!!! woot woot.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Sage said...

double w00t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home