Sunday, June 04, 2006

CHILDREN

oh my. this is so depressing. just when i thought i was free. Now im caught, just when i was getting myself untangled i was walking away thinking: finally! Now i jumped back in. I know this makes no sense but im not explaining. its gonna be a long summer. sigh..........extra large SIGH.


Hey if anyone feels the urge, e-mail me. i love getting mail of any kind. All i get is junk mail (as Natasha put it: junk male...ha ha) and advertizments. blah blah blah.

OK so job update i have an interview Monday and i really need and want to get the job.

I babysat a random kid on Saturday night. Sorri jordan i couldnt make it back to your open house (woops). It was a richie, only child, four year old who knew more about cars than i did. His parents said bed time was around 9, so we started getting ready, which took some time, and when he eventually got in bed, i turned off the main lights and read him a story in my 'its-time-to-go-to-sleep' voice. I heard heavy breathing and thought, hey this isnt so bad, for all the fuss of brushing his teeth.... but no he was wide awake. So i read him another, and another and another. OK i thought, this is rediculous, it was 10pm and the child was awake as ever. I insisted than no food could be eaten nor movie watched but he was a big boy and could fall asleep all by himself. TO make a long story short i sat against the door staring at him while he cried and sang softly every josh groban song that i could think of! seriously. Around 11 he decided that i could indeed be more stubborn than he, and reluctantly climbed on top of his bed.
And when a half and hour later his padres came home they confessed that yes they'd spoiled their child!!!!!!
If your reading this and every get married and have children. DO NOT SPOIL YOUR CHILDREN!

5 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger La Profesora said...

wow - you were way nicer than i would have been. we all know what the child needed - a little "convincing" with the "convincer" :) a child run home most likely.

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger turza said...

yes, very much a child centered home. I tried my best but its hard to enforce your authority when you dont know how the parents enforce theirs (and your own is minimal) but yes i'd wished very much for a "convincer" ha ha.

and i wish the 'holy spirit' had been there to do it for me!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger turza said...

ha ha kyndall that sounded like i beat up the kid.... hee hee.

Yes jenni!!!!!! its about time!

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger MEC said...

You meanies!! I would have loaded the kid up on Mountian Dew and shown him Jaws and several other movies to teach him and his parents a lesson, yeah right! I'd have just cried myself and appologized to the kids until he got bored and fell asleep and then drink the Mountain Dew and watch those movies myself
hee hee (I sound evil!!!)

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger bethoven said...

Been there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home