Monday, March 27, 2006

of ducks, and dreams

One of my favorite places to be ever is outside in the woods. (actually that's a lot of places....i'm a genius). Especially now that the weather is (gradually) getting warmer, and now that i have nothing else to do. Today was so weird cuz i came home right after school and have been home since. No play practice, no ballet no nothing!!

So i told Mom i'd go for a walk, with my physics notes of course. I love doing this, i can concentrate much more on the notes i'm studying, outside than i can in my room. But even outside i get distracted......

Today was one of those slightly grey days that was a perfect match for my moode: solemn and a little chilly. Sorry if i acted a little moody today, bad grades are no excuse to be antisocial, but alas, that's how i felt. SO i walked along the creek and observed a couple of ducks, swimming around in a little pond. The female duck sat alternatively sleepily and yet wary of my presence. The male strutted around protecting his female, cleaning his feathers, and then when his buddy's called he flew off with them.
I ran on a bit further and sat on one of those trees that had fallen over across the water but rested above it still. The current of the water made the tree bouce a bit and if i looked downstream of the branch, i got the illusion that i was moving forward, Yet only the water was moving behind me. That's kinda how life feels right now, everything else is moving so fast around me that i get the illusion that i'm moving forward, but instead i'm still sitting on a dead log.

I started getting cold, (and lost interest in concave mirrors....physics notes) and journeyed further along the path, till i came to a little rock cave that was damp and had water dripping in a few places. The faerie's had set up a silver goblet where the water dripped into and i thirstily took a sip. Never have i tasted such pure rain water. Even though it dripped across seemably dirty rocks where who knows what animals lurked, it still produced the most refreshing water i've ever tasted.

I returned upon the same path called by my emptying stomach, took one last sip of the faerie water, and found the same ducks swimming around in their pond. The he duck, had returned and at the female's lead they went into a smaller pond and began eating dinner. I'm not going to guess what it was, and trust me we both dont want to know, but it reminded me of my ravenous belly and so i returned home proptly to a plate of spagetti. (yum).

If i were an animal i'd be a duck cuz they can both swim and fly..... what would you be?

2 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger julio said...

splash,,

ive had

splash,,

good times

splash,,

with ducks.

quack.

.....

DUCKIE!!!!!!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger turza said...

oh yes they can!! i saw them yesterday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home