Saturday, January 28, 2006

Reading is my guilty pleasure...

I love to read. Sure reading some dumb ancient diary of a random lady in the negative 13th century can be boring, but reading real books by real authors is quite wonderful.

No matter what has happened in my life, at the end of the day when all my work is done, when it's dark outside, and i'm cozy inside, i take out a book and read and read to my hearts content (well, until my eyelids droop too low to continue). It is my guilty pleasure, because somewhere in the supressed back of my mind i know that i should find something more worthwhile to do at that moment, but sometimes you just need to de-stress.

I can't think of anything (except ballet) that is so antistressful! To be teleported instantly to someones elses world is something you'd pay alot to do, but with the help of a library it's completely free!

i have always said that i don't like to watch tv (i also have no time and recieve all of 2 channels), because i would rather live my own life than watch about someone else's on TV. Well i have a secret: i got that quote from a book, and also the same thing can be said of reading books but realy they are quite different. Cuz honestly no matter how incredibly awesome the actor is, it's still pretty hard to read the character's thoughts, and hear their mind.

I know, i know, movies are better at many things like special effects, but a movie with only special effects and no character is a waste of a lot of money... SO if you agree with me, woohoo, bookies rock, and if not, more power too you, but reading will always be my guilty pleasure...

8 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Roberto said...

I still like movies.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger turza said...

That's such a good movie!
............sniff.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Sage said...

wow... are u telepathic??? I was thinkin the same things... And I get most my quotes from books too...

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Mae said...

hello, and congratulations on recieving the wonderful powdered donettes! please make someone else's day and pass them on tomorrow. keep the donettes going!
thanks... :)

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger turza said...

Deff Jeff: i don't know you other than as sam's friend but any friend of his is one of mine and especially if he likes to read!!

To contairemarie i was fully intending on bringing them to accounting tomorrow and sharing the wealth! but thanks

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Roberto said...

On your comment on Alec's blog: I believe you set the curve on the Physics test from heck, so you can leave!

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Sage said...

well thank you for the genuine acceptence. Yet, I'd rether you be my friend on the basis of my personal characteristics... but it's a good start...

p.s.- ya... sam's pretty awesome...

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I love reading---sigh! I never have any time to search out books though, allowing my inspiration to slowly die...but reading is definately one of my favorite things--like popcorn and cotton candy!

DEF JEF--so THATS who you are! you commented on my blog too and had me wondering...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home