Saturday, February 18, 2006

Olympic games

If any of y'all watched the olympics last night, i hope you saw the amazing final race of womens snowboarding cross where four people snowboard at a time down a path and try to trip up each other without touching and cut in front.

Anywho, so among the final four girls competing for the medal was an american who was talented enough to get in the lead position and stay that way. The back two girls wiped out, one having to get carried away by ski patrol and go to the hospital, and the other one left just wasn't as fast as the american.

One curve before the finnish line, the american had a significant lead, and turned around to see it. Excited with her sucess she took the next jump grabbing her board and doing a cool little victory move. Upon landing she lost her balance and fell, and the the girl behind her had just enough time to cut in front and won gold medal.

WOW, the american had it made, and would now be in posession of a gold medal if she hadn't 1) looked back and 2)celebrated to early.

That's so much like life. Keep your eyes on the goal, don't look back, don't compare yourself with anyone but God, and don't become satisfied with your sucess-EVER. Even if you're better than everyone else is at life, even if the next person as godly and spiritual as you is still not so close, don't ever give up and stop trying your best.

Too often i stop and compare myself with others. Well i try to get good grades. Well, i'm responsible (my parents would actually not agree). Well, i don't get distracted by boys, i don't sleep around. I use my time well and am a hard worker.
Yeh right! comparing myself to God, i'm about infinity away still!

It goes back to the olde saying: if everyone jumped off a cliff would you? And even though it makes me SOOO frustrated when my mom reminds me of it, it's true. Even if everyone else is slacking off (which isn't even true) what right does that give me.
When i stand before God on judgement day will he be sympathetic when i excuse my sins as: well, so and so was worse than me.... I think not!

Just a few thoughts to chew on.

14 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Sage said...

YAY!!! FIRSTED COMMENT!!! well, you're completely right (I hate mint... but love chocolate!!!) Peace muga(ette)!!!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger MEC said...

I hate you!! Stop reminding me. . bio paper now!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger turza said...

i'm confused.... mint? chocolate?? what?

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Roberto said...

I'd definitely jump off a cliff if someone else did.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger MEC said...

*sigh* its about Robbie's blog, quite good actually

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger turza said...

Robbie, you'd jump off a cliff if i did?? OK, i'll take one for the team....... Robbie, lets go.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger MEC said...

interesting comment there Roxy (who is she?)

*smile & nod*

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger turza said...

Roxy's my buddy Rachel! (Hodges). Its certainly on list to do before i die (drink red bull).

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Roberto said...

I wouldn't follow you off a cliff Tirzah...just a select few. Like Sam Liedtke. I'd follow him.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Roberto said...

Shut up Emily! No one likes your advice, remember?

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger turza said...

Robbie you moron, stop dissing everyone of my friends! Ahhh i hate you!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Sage said...

It's always better...
To hate TOGETHER...

hehe... I love stupid rhymes...

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Luke said...

I tried snowboarding once...it's really hard.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger julio said...

if everyone jumped off a cliff, and died,, i think i would too. things would get way too borning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home