Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Joys of a Big Ten School!!!!!

Alright so, since i was the only senior who actually checked out books when we went to Purdue that one day way back when, i have kept getting letters bugging me to return the books. So i decided that after Jazz today i would drive across the bridge and drop 'em off no problem.......right.

Jazz was great, and i asked my teacher, who happens to be a professor at Purdue where to park for free so i could drop off my books at the Stewart center (HSSE library). She gave me directions which i thought were simple enough, so i took off confidenctly across the bridge with the sun setting behind me. I drove around for a while, got lost in all the one way streets and eventually decided to just park in a parking garage and find my way from there. I started off in a random direction and ended up among a bunch of science buildings with greenhouses! woops, i wandered around more, a little scared by the thinning of people and fading light. I turned around and was thankful just to find the parking garage again. But then i saw THE purdue tower thing. I knew Stewart Center's like right there, so i walked around a bit more. It turned out that i was really close to it but somehow didnt see it! So i walked back frustrated and a little scared, since i told my parents i would be home at the time which my watch now read.....so i found my car pulled out, and drove around some more. I actually found Stewart instead of another bridge back to the east side so i drove up towards it. Naturally there's no parking anywhere near it. But i was so frustrated that i parked in a handicapped parking space. (does mentally handicapped count?) which read: 'FINE: $100-500' and ran in. The guy must have thought i was crazy, cuz i didn't see the book drop and so i gave it to him at the front desk, and then while i was leaving, i tryed to pull on the 'push' doors, and had to wait for the guy right behind me to push them open...... Thankfully my car was still there and i got off scott free! But whew, it was a relief when my parents didnt say anything other than: how was jazz? when i walked in the door.

Maybe this is God telling me that a big university is NOT for ME!!!!

So by the time i got home i wanted to talk to, or hang out with friends, but the rents said it was too late. But it sounded like from Adrienne (breathlessly panting on the phone) that y'all had a rootin' tootin' good time (Luke terms...)

Tomorrow it's off the the big city for me!!!!! I'm thanking the GOOd Lord that i'm not driving!!!!!! Uh-oh, watch out Chicago, Sara Brown is driving your way. MOOOOOVE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home