Friday, September 08, 2006

Here's to guys!

OK so my spanish class everything is super femenist and liberal and it kinda annoys me. I mean the class is great, my teacher is really good and a nice lady, but im getting sick of all this feminism.........

I mean yeh so this Mexican nun wrote one poem about how hypocritical men are. that doesnt make someone femenist because the criticised men once! i told this to my dad and he's like "hey i criticize men all the time!" i think everysingle member of the human race has at one time criticized the male species as well as female. (but if a man is critcizing women that obviously makes him sexist!!!!! sarcasm......)

And as much as i myself at times get extremely annoyed at those of male persuasion, i couldnt live with out them! So here's to males!

Granted some of them are total.......how to say..........but my daddy for instance. He's such a great guy! if i ever got married i'd want to marry one exactly like him! He's really smart! He's unbelievably patient! He keeps his temper, he's affectionate, hes a strong manly man, but not afraid to be sensitive, he's a really hard worker, he has very high expectations and accepts nothing less than the best out of me. He compliments my mom really well and the two of them balance quite well! He's a strong spiritual leader and i love him!! and my mom.......but sometimes i think we're a little too similar. As much as i appreciate her now i realize that i wont be able to fully appreciate all that she is and has done for me until i get older, but for now im trying my best to be her friend even when i've had a long day and dont especially feel like it...........but back to males.

i also really appreciate my male friends who have been examples and encouragements. Im not going to take the time to personaly thank each and every one of you but you know who you are. Here are some things i really appreciate as friends:

I appreciate when even in a relationship they will take the time to be kind and respectful to me. Its so refreshing to talk to a guy who has a girlfriend or is married or otherwise and is still genuinely interested in my friendship and doesnt blow me off just because he doesnt have to worry about 'getting a girl'

i'm so thankful for guys who love their friends and hold friendship above relationships. relationships (at least in this point in our lives) arnt necessarily permantent but true friendship should be!

im so thankful for times when im an emotional wreck and i have a guy friend to hold me through it. I know us girls being emotional is a scary thing and you dont know how to handle it, but really just being there to let me pour out my thoughts etc. and just to hug me and let me 'cry on your shoulder'. i try not to be emotional,.......but.........

i like that guys are so easy going, its so great that even though girls' lives revolve around the latest drama, a guy can just have fun that doesnt involve gossiping, bashing others etc.......

im so thankful for those who have every encouraged me spiritually or rebuked me. It takes a lot of courage to rebuke anyone and i too often talk before i think, but i really do appreciate the strong spiritual example many have set for me.

ok im running out of kind thought, but if you can think of any others add them on! So for any guy who's ever been my friend or ever shown kindness to me thanks!!!

5 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Luke said...

Um...wow.

You know one thing about feminists (feminazis) is. Their entire goal is to be considered a man. I mean just think about it. They don't take baths, wear bra's, comb their hair, go to the bathroom, they like other women (some of them...spooky) and they claim that they are feminists!! That's not being a feminist!! Thats being a man! Except for not going to the bathroom.. I was ranting..I'm sorry.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Oh tirzah-
Guys. They smell. sometimes good,
somtimes bad. They eat. alot.
they can be stupid. they can be great. YOU CANT LIVE WITH THEM, AND YOU CANT LIVE WITHOUT THEM!
(aka i feel your pain and pleasure lol)
have fun today in life

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger MEC said...

yay for guys!
I have to take a few classes, when I change to a history major, in gender studies. I don't want these crazy women attempting to brainwash me into thinking that women need totally equality with me to not be considered domestic servants, which is total crap. . . anyway
YAY for guys!
hee hee

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger MEC said...

Tirz, go way back to your post with the pictures from Moe's. . . .

Who's this guy?

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Roberto said...

Take it from me......men are morons. At least I am. Have fun with that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home