Thursday, July 06, 2006

hmmmmmmm

Im choosing to ignore any derogatory comments toward the spanish team. All i have to say about the German fans is: HA.

Anywho! I got an interesting e-mail from Meg entitles 51 things girls dont know about guys. So i want to run some things through y-all to see if it's true. Girls go ahead and give you're opinions anyways, we all know that they are the only ones that really count ;).
some things make sense like dont always talk about your ex-boyfriend or love interest, and that guys get jealous (news news! girls get pretty jealous too).
btw this is just out of curiosity, not for any specific reason whatsoever....

1. guys go crazy over a girls smile.
is this true? are smiles really that great? personally i love smiles on everyone, its what distiguishes them.....
2. guys are very open
what???????? ok once in a great while you can get a friend to open up to you. but with the exception of justin brownfeild normally i've found that it takes some prying....
3. guys prove they like a girl by teasing her.
whatever. i get teased by tons of guys and none of them like me. i think guys just like to tease girls. wrong?
4. when a guy asks you to leave him alone he really means "please come and listen to me"
whoa! i thought this was a girl thing to say one thing and mean another. i would have put this entry under things guys dont know about girls!

and this one i dont believe
5. guys talk about girls more than girls talk about guys.
that cant be true. thats not possible, that would probably mean that guys talk about girls 24/7 which is not possible since guys dont even talk that much! well i guess that jr high./pre-teen girls talk more about guys than older girls, i guess we might try to avoid the subject (?) depends....

and this one just made me laugh:
6. guys ask for advice from girls not other guys, b/c most guys think alike, so if one guys confused than we're all confused.
ha ha ha. pretty true

thoughts? opinions? inspirational testimonies? im just bored and got this e-mail, once again dont think anything more of this than that im filling time and interested in the discussion.

8 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Oh tirza! This is a great blog!
Well, a guy told me that the first thing he notices are eyes, then smile. Smiling makes you different in a way nothing else can. 2nd- i dont think guys like to open up. Its apart of the IM MACHO AND COOL thing. And C)guys like food. sometimes girls. but food.
Have a super summer.
(and i don't mean rob)

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger julio said...

#1 true, smiles are important. really,,,

#2 true, im extreemly open with friends at least. its just no one asks me stuff.

#3 maybe, teasing is just a way of trying to accomplish #1.

#4 false.

#5 couldnt say.

#6 advise from girls provides a level of insight otherwise not posessed. but guys ask guys advise plenty.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger La Profesora said...

Tirzah, I loved all your info and pics on Spain - it was nice getting a first-hand account.
As for the guy thing - i think it is true that guys do really like the smile - but it is in combination with other things they already like about the person. Guys comment a lot about girls, but to actually talk about them the way girls do guys, I don't think so. And #4 does seem like a girl thing.

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Sage said...

alright, my take on things, just fer you tirz.

#1-This is absolutely true. I love it when my girlfriend smiles, and before I was dating her, I got a shiver every time she looked at me and smiled... Its like saying to the guy that for once he did something right.

#2-I think what they meant to say here is that guys are very open when you eventually get to know them...

#3-Teasing is one of the basic ways how guys try to flirt with girls...

#4-Not always true... but yeah, does happen at times.

#5-Thats somehwat true. When I guy talks to another GUY about girls... we really get nowhere, we're just sharing similarities in our relationship. When a guy talks to a GIRL about girls, they learn a lot...

So there ya go chikita. Later tirzah!

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Sage said...

#5 actually is # 6...
#5 isn't true... unless we're really bored... hehe

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger turza said...

thanks for the imput friends! I knew as soon as i read it that #4 was false (or else uh-oh: guys are turning into girls!!! ahhhhhhh!)
i think i also read somewhere that one of the things that guys like about girls is how they cant understand them. I guess this is good cuz if they could they would never like girls!!!! hee hee. Sorry girls, i guess im not really sticking up for you, but then again guys can be pretty dumb too. whatever we're also sinful stupid creatures. (the word sheep comes to mind)lata!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger MEC said...

Ok, I'm the apparent source of this entire controversy so I'll put in my two cents:
(from all my personal experiences, hee hee)

#1 I think there has to be a certain factor here, but yeah, if you smile @ a guy right they'll do anything you ask (jk)

#2 Well, I have a very talkative gut, so I think yes, but I totally agree with the opinions mentioned beforehand, if it is Tyler or Justin they will tell you anything you ask.

#3 Not just like her/ like her but if they think someone is fun but they're not interested in her they'll still joke around. Friends joke all the time!

#4 Don't know, but I'd say if he's grumpy leave him be (I HATE it when people try to get me to talk while in a bad mood I'll explain it later geesh!) Then again it may be true and girls are in reality as lost as guys are when it comes to girls

#5 I believe it, when they're asked about us. I swear all of Tyler's friend's know me better than I do them 'cause Tyler talks contantly if they get him started.
but after freshman year girls just don't talk about guys the way we used to

#6 Yep, been there dealt with that multiple times, but the thing is guys that girls don't know what they personally want and so how can they tell their friends?

I still have to say that talking about girls/guys in mixed company is so much fun 'cause you hear what you think are the funniest rumors about your sex its hilarious!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger turza said...

i have a talkative gut?
rumble rumble yak yak yak! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home