Monday, August 08, 2005

Peru

I've been seriously thinking and praying about what I want to do next year. I can always just go as an undecided major, but honestly that's a waste of my money. My mom wants me to be a Physical Therapist, and i'd probably like the job, but love?? I want to love waking up and going to work each day, and i'm just not sure if I could say that about PT.
Honestly my favorite thing to do in all the world, is dance. I know that just sounds like a little girl who 'wants to be a ballerina when she grows up'. I decided last summer that I could never do ballet for a living, cuz it's so hard to get into. But when has something being hard ever stopped me before. This summer I got a new passion for ballet, that has me dancing all the time (ask any of my family or friends). My parents are assuming that i'll realize that ballet's just a 'nice hobby' and then find some good paying job and be well off. But i'd rather be poor and happy.

As God, not luck, has it. Both my parents and I have been considering taking the year off, next year and go to another country to help a missionary family, for like 6 months, and then work until school starts. I've been praying about this and am really interested, but then their was the problem of ballet. You CAN'T just take off a year. That's IMPOSSIBLE! But it'd still be a great opportunity to re-evaluate my life goals in light of serving God, and others and learning a foreign language. I was thinking about the Stilwell family in Trujillo, Peru. I decided last night to look up any ballet companies in Trujillo, but i wasn't hopeful. God is amazing! Not only is there A ballet company, but it looks like a large sucessful one, that was founded my the mother of my favorite ballet teacher ever, so the style is good too!!
I am way excited! I'll get to get my spanish down, serve God and others, train with a sucessful ballet company, and I get an extra year to decide what I want to do with my life! (not to mention, get away from home). It's an answer to prayer!

Well, none of this is set in stone: we haven't even asked the Stillwells yet, not found out how far away the studio is from their house, nor contacted the studio, etc., etc. So please keep me in your prayers all!

7 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger yoshi said...

yo! kick a butt! if you get to go live in peru for like 6 months, i will be so jealous of you. you gotta go surfing in haunchaco - powder wouldn't let me. and you gotta me these 2 guys - david fahn and paul avierta. they are really cool. and there is this chick too. her name is elizabeth. she's really cool and wants to learn about americans and there culture (at least that's what she told me). she's also the chick that kissed me and wrote on her hand in chapel that she loved me, so i'm sure you'd get along with her just fine. wink wink.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger turza said...

excuse me, Joe? Are you trying to say that i would go around randomly kissing unattractive guys and telling them that I love them?????
JK,... well... :)
I'm still prayin' about it all, and i really hope i can go cuz i'm wouldn't be able to decide on a major in time!

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger yoshi said...

did i say you would be kissing guys? NO! don't put words in my mouth, or you will get words you don't appreciate.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger turza said...

that what was all the wink, wink about??

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger yoshi said...

elizabteh was cool...i think i will skip school for a few weeks and go visit her. she liked me. how come i can't get any girls my age up here to like me? *sigh*

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger turza said...

You retard! Of course no one here likes you, or anyone else for that matter, we've all known each other forever and so are immune to cupid's arrows. ANd also, although as my cuban teacher says 'every woman wants a dangerous man' dangerous doesn't include drinking, as you claim to be such a conosieur of... drinking's just stupid

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger yoshi said...

i only drink rum because rum is good and i'm gonna be a pirate when i grow up and that's what pirates drink so i am getting into the habit of it along with my cool tan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home