Friday, April 09, 2004

Good Friday

It's almost eleven on Friday the ninth, and I'm already bored! One of those things where you spend all your time doing nothing and then wonder where the time went. Anyway I thought I'd just share some of my random thoughts on Good Friday with y'all.
Why is it called 'Good Friday'? Other than refering to the fact that we have no school.... I would almost tend to think of it as being 'bad Friday' because today is when we recognize Jesus' death on the cross. Good? not when you first think about it but-yes! Because if today had never happened and I was sitting in Chemistry class like I would be on a normal Friday at this time, I would be doomed to live forever away from God! The thought seems almost unreal. I sit here with all my comforts taking God's grace for granted. I am so selfish! I don't even begin to deserve all that I have! And God even grants my smallest wishes! (For example I really wanted to be in the school play. I prayed to God, and I have a fairly large part!). And when sometimes it is not his will to grant my desires, I get upset!!! God wants the best for my life and I have absolutely NO reason to get upset when things don't go my way!
OK so thanx for staying there with me.
I hope that Passion Play goes well! Good luck, and sing well all my sophomore choir friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home